Social Security is often thought of as a retirement program, but in reality, it touches the lives of nearly every American.
Today, over 168 million people work and pay Social Security taxes and about 60 million people receive monthly Social Security benefits.
Download this guide to customize and share with your clients that offer an overview of Social Security benefits so you can help them consider each strategy and how they can build a better future.
How Social Security Affects Your Clients
With this guide, your clients will learn more about the age in which they may be eligible for Social Security, and how the program affects them. They’ll learn more on:
- What age they can access their benefits and if they can take them early
- What’s new to Social Security in 2019
- How the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 can affect benefits
- If their Social Security income is taxable
- Qualifying for Social Security Disability Insurance
Social Security Affecting Their Families
As you know, Social Security doesn’t affect just one individual, but the whole family. This guide also outlines:
- What spousal benefits are
- Social Security options for divorcees
- What the family should know about survivor or widow’s benefits, and if they qualify
Talking Social Security
This guide is meant to give your clients ideas and tips on how to maximize their Social Security benefits, but they still need your expertise. As retirement planning changes, it’s important for them to know not every strategy works. Be sure to sit down with your clients to help them understand their full range of options.
Click below to get your own copy to give to clients.
The information contained within this document is for information purposes only and should not be construed as legal or tax advice. Customers should consult their legal or tax advisor regarding their own personal situation.