There is a lot to consider when planning an event. The venue, entertainment, food selection and service are all key components that you want to make sure you get right so that your guests have an enjoyable time.
Whether your event is educational in nature, or geared towards a social gathering, the key tips we’ve provided below will help you embark on planning for your next event.
Tips to Planning Your Event:
- Make sure the Venue is suitable for the type of event you are holding. Keep your guests in mind. Is there enough parking? Will there be enough space to accommodate all guests, entertainment, wait staff and décor?
- Choose your date and time Be mindful when you’re selecting a day and time for your event. If you’re catering to an older crowd, you may want to consider hosting dinner earlier in the evening to be courteous of the fact that your guests may want to return home earlier and not be driving too late when it gets dark out. Keep important dates in mind like holidays, graduations and other occasions where guests may have other plans already on their calendars. Choosing a date that is suitable and a time that caters to your guests will help to make it possible for more guests being able to attend.
- Pick a type of event your guests will enjoy. Choose an activity that will entertain your guest while also offering benefits and useful knowledge. If the type of event is not attractive to those you invite, most likely there won’t be many RSVP calls.
- Keep a checklist at hand while planning your event. Some key things you may want to add to your checklist include:
- Have a brainstorming meeting with your office to determine the date, time, location, subject matter and/or type of event
- Prepare a budget for what you’re aiming to spend
- Create an agenda or itinerary for the event
- Plan for the food and drink
- Decide on attire that’s appropriate for the event
- Plan for staffing
- Order and mail invitations in a timely manner so guests have ample time to RSVP
- Create a spread sheet to keep track of attendees or do so in your database/CRM
- For extra event promotion, update your website, social media accounts and your other marketing materials with your event details
Planning an event can seem like a daunting task, but with careful planning and attention to detail, there’s no reason every event can’t be your best event yet!